Last Updated in 2018/05/17
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
To provide better service for you, we collect information in the following ways:
1.1 Information you provide us.
Use our services may require you to sign up for an account by CyberPower website or apps. You will give us your name, address, phone number, email address, products you registered and serial number. You will be requested to provide your payment information and products you ordered if you purchase through CyberPower website or apps.
If you need to get in touch with our customer service team, or reach out to us through other means (such as through social media) we will collect information from you there too.
1.2 Information we collect automatically when we your use of our services.
When you use our services or login your account, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This information includes: your computer or device operating system, application version, language settings, pages the date and time you accessed our services, referral URL, cookies (“cookie statement”), IP address , geographical information, the hardware, software, internet browser or apps, the updated status of our products, domain name of the website where you come from, number of visits, average time spent on the site and pages viewed.
For some power monitoring services, we will also automatically collect some information from your computer or device. Learn more about our information power monitoring services collect.
INFORMATION POWER MONITORING SERVICES COLLECT
Upon different service or product you purchase or select, your agree us to collect, process and utilize the information hereunder to provide you a better and personalize service.
We may revise or add the name of software, project or function from time to time and you encourage check our information here often.
For license verification purposes:
- The CPUID of the server on which the software is installed.
- IP Address of the server.
For electricity analysis purpose:
- The hardware information of the UPS (model number, serial number).
- The firmware version of the UPS.
- The UPS name defined by users.
- The region where the UPS is located.
- The electricity information of the UPS (power source, power condition, battery capacity, estimated runtime, voltage, current, UPS load, energy, power ratting).
For software bug tracking purpose:
- The operating system information of computers or mobile devices.
- The hardware model of the mobile devices.
For Power Site management purpose：
- The Power Site Name defined by user.
- The country of the Power Site.
- The address where the Power Site is located.
- The date when the Power Site is established.
- The time zone of the Power Site.
- The Feed-in Tariff of the Power Site.
- The latitude where the Power Site is located.
- The longitude where the Power Site is located.
- The logo which belong to Power Site.
- The Power Capacity of the Power Site.
For power analysis purpose：
- The hardware information of the Online Equipment (vendor, model number, MAC, Key, Data Logger name, firmware version)
- The hardware information of the PV Inverter (vendor, model code, model name, serial number, Inverter name)
- The power information of the PV Inverter (daily energy, life energy, input/output voltage, input/output power, input/output current, output frequency, heat sink temperature, ambient temperature, string voltage, sting power, string current)
We will not collect, use or process any your sensitive personal information, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use your information for the purpose of
2.1 Registration an account on CyberPower website or apps.
2.2 Customer service
- respond your question and support your needs.
- communicate with you.
- deliver product.
2.3 Marketing activities
- market our products, services, training courses, events and upcoming changes, improvements or promotions.
- conduct surveys and customer services.
- issue you newsletters.
- notify you upcoming events.
You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communications at any time using the "Unsubscribe" link in each newsletter or communication, or you can administer your subscriptions through your account (if you've created one).
2.4 User experience, product analysis and upgrade
- comprehend the relevancy of your geographical area and our products.
- upgrade our websites, apps or software or to trace and eliminate bugs.
- analyze abnormal status through electricity information.
- provide, develop, protect and improve services or products, to develop new ones.
- deliver electricity information and to notify you abnormal status periodically through GCM (Google Cloud Messaging), APNS (Apple Push Notification Service) or SMS.
- for an improved user experience, internal training and general optimization purposes build features that will make the services available on our websites and apps easier to use.
- to improve and promote our products and services and the content on our website.
2.5 Safety and security
- promote safety and security on and off of our services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies.
- Upgrade software or apps.
2.6 Legitimate interests
- notify terms and policy changes.
CyberPower processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may store and process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live. Your information will be under appropriate safeguards with encryption or pseudonymisation.
3. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
3.1 For processing or compliance reasons
CyberPower may share your information with its affiliates including companies' employees, our trusted agents, representatives, vendors, organizations, consultants and other service suppliers who need to access your information to carry out the purposes above or work on our behalf and internal (audit/compliance) investigations. For a business transaction (such as merging or selling assets), we may also disclose your information.
All such third parties will be under an obligation to maintain the security and confidentiality of your information, and to process your information only in accordance with our instructions.
3.2 For legal reasons
CyberPower may, in compliance with applicable law, regulation, ordinance, license, operating agreement or legal process, disclose your information to protect ourselves against liability, to respond to subpoenas, judicial processes, legitimate requests, warrants or equivalent by law enforcement officials or a competent authorities, to investigate fraud or other wrongdoing or as otherwise required or necessary in order to comply with applicable law or to protect our legitimate interests.
We may also, in compliance with applicable law, disclose your information to enforce or apply the terms and conditions applicable to our services or to protect the rights, property or safety of CyberPower, our users or others.
In the situations described above, the recipient of your information may be located in a jurisdiction that may have different standards of data protection compared to the laws in your home jurisdiction.
4. TRANSPARENCY AND CHOICE
CyberPower encourages you to keep your information accurate and up to date.
People have different privacy concerns. We retain your information while your account remains active. You may manage your account by logging into your account.
If you want to delete your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you delete your account or select not to provide us some information, your request or needs will not be responded timely.
If you have any question, please contact us.
7. COOKIE STATEMENT
Cookies are text files that are sent from a website via your browser and placed on your computer's hard drive or your mobile device. When you visit a website, a message is sent back to the web server by the browser accessing the website, and this information about your activities is stored in the cookie.
The information collected through cookies and other electronic tools (e.g., the web pages you visit on the website and navigation patterns, the date and time of your visit, the number of links you click within the site, the functions you use on the site, the databases you view and the searches you request on the site, the data you save on, or download from, the site, the websites you visited immediately before and after visiting the site, and when you open our emails or click on any of their links) is used and analyzed for the purpose of refining our service, and of customizing your web-browsing experience and to make our website work more efficiently.
Cookies may be used in the following ways:
- To help us recognize you as a unique visitor (just as a number, without further implications) when you return to our website next time , to customize our content or online advertisements to match your preferred interests.
- To develop relations and to explore possible opportunities for our sales and provide direct marketing communications to you if you provide your explicit consent to receive such communications.
- To compile anonymous statistics that allow us to understand better how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website.
- To protect the security of our website. Two types of cookies may be used on this website: session cookies (which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site) and persistent cookies (which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer, though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser, however, your ability to enjoy full features and experiences of the interactive features our site provides might be limited to certain extent if cookies are disabled/ deleted. If you do not know how to disable or delete cookies for the browser you are using, you should select ‘cookies’ in the Help function of your browser to get more information.